Curvy North Hesse
Following in the footsteps of Grimm's fairy tales, Northern Hesse with its fantastic landscape offers you unforgettable routes with your motorcycle. Explore the mountainous region as well as its lakes, castles and palaces on different tours of 70 - 270 km.
From the Rotkäppchenland, the winding road over the Snow White village to the famous Edersee you will drive through forests and cross picturesque landscapes and small half-timbered towns. After an eventful day, we welcome you to our motorcycle-friendly, 3-star superior hotel. You can park your motorcycles free of charge in our underground garage. Afterwards, our terrace or our Bistro New York invites you to a cozy dinner. Tour recommendation: North tour with a visit to the Brocken, a south tour to the Wasserkuppe or a 3-lake tour via Twistesee, Diemelsee and Edersee.
ROUTE 1: Bad Hersfeld / Fulda / Fritzlar
- Start your day in the direction towards Bad-Hersfeld. The Robert-Heil-Tower is an observation tower and offers a good overview of the whole town. Bad Hersfeld has been known nationwide as a festival town since 1951.
- Passing Hünfeld and Petersberg, you will reach the baroque town of Fulda. Castles, churches and noble palaces with parks and gardens from the 18th century form the compact city center, which is always worth a visit.
- Finally, we recommend a stop in Fritzlar, the medieval cathedral and imperial city with its ancient half-timbered and stone houses. Let yourself be enchanted by the ancient charm while having a coffee on the market place.
Length: approx. 230 km
Duration: approx. 4 hours
ROUTE 2: Hannoversch Münden / Bad Karlshafen / Sababurg / Twistesee
- .According to Alexander von Humboldt, you will pass through one of the most beautiful cities in the world. A short stop in the half-timbered town of Hannoversch-Münden is unavoidable.
- At the northernmost tip of Tanzwerder, a river island on the edge of the city center, you will find the Weserstein memorial under a large chestnut tree.
- The tour continues to Bad Karlshafen. A visit to the German Huguenot Museum or the Krukenburg ruins is always worth a rest.
- The next destination is probably Germany's most famous castle ruin and is popularly called the "Sleeping Beauty Castle" (Sababurg) after the Brothers Grimm fairy tale.
- Before going back to the hotel, you will drive to the Twistesee. Let your soul dangle and the day pass in review with other cyclists or friends and a drink at the water.
Length: approx. 190 km
Duration: approx. 4 hours
ROUTE 3: Hallenberg / Willingen / Edersee
- Start on a winding tour, past the North Rhine-Westphalian town of Hallenberg in the direction of Willingen.
- The Oldtimer Curioseum offers thousands of exhibits on an area of 2,500 square meters over two floors. Here you can discover interesting things for all ages on land, on water and in the air.
- Continue towards the Edersee, the unique curves make every motorcyclist's heart beat faster. There you can enjoy the view from the famous dam wall over the beautiful valley.
- To finish a perfect day, a stop at the famous pub Zündstoff is a must.
Length: approx. 200 km
Duration: approx. 3,5 hours